The OUR TREE installation, or exhibiting documentary, is a three channel video projection and sound work. It is comprised of video, stills, music and sounds created, shot and recorded by welders, engineers, blacksmiths, volunteers, film-makers, musicians and the general public brought together through the creation of The Blacksmiths Tree.
The three channels are played simultaneously for a full 12 minutes with the closing scene across all three channels featuring the completed tree filmed in time-lapse with The Milky Way overhead. The work can be either projected or replayed via three high definition screens as described in the image below.
Dur: 12 minutes
- 3 x HD projectors or wall mounted LCD screens
- Multi-channel video replay and loop software
- HD Sync, 3 x WDTV Live devices, 3 x USB sticks, ethernet cable, ethernet hub – see www.syncstarter.org for details.
- MultiScreener (MAC Intel PPC) see www.zachpoff.com/software/multiscreener/ for details.
- Exhibition videos with 5 sec black trailer
- Encoded in both MPEG2 /MT2 and MPEG4
The following video is a single channel tryptich version created for Light In Winter 2014, Federation Square, Melbourne.
For more information contact Andrew Garton.